SEARCH MOVES is a choice based lettings (CBL) scheme provided by Spelthorne Borough Council, Elmbridge Borough Council, A2Dominion Group and Paragon Community Housing Group. Under this scheme housing applicants have choice about where they want to live. Our Common Allocations Policy was updated in July 2014.
Online application process. All new applicants will now need to apply online (use the registration tab on the left) except A2Dominion Group tenants who should contact A2Dominion directly on 020 8825 1744
Part 1 of the online application process will produce a personalised action plan to advise you about your wider housing options which could include joining the Search Moves register (part 2 is the main application form.)
You should be aware that there is a small supply of social housing in the Search Moves area and a very high demand so most applicants are unlikely to be offered accommodation.
The following are the main features of the Search Moves scheme:
• The Search Moves partners operate a system with 4 priority bands A, B, C and D
• Armed forces personnel will be given additional preference under the Search Moves scheme.
• Working households will be given additional preference – a small proportion of advertised properties are set aside exclusively for working applicants.
• Applicants who have been offered and refused two or more properties in a 12 month period will be placed into band D for 12 months
• Applicants with no local connection to the boroughs of Spelthorne or Elmbridge will not qualify to join the register
• Households earning £50,000 or more per annum (gross) or with total household savings are greater than £30,000 will not qualify to join the register
• Property owners in the UK or abroad will not qualify to join the register
Full details of the allocations policy are available here