SEARCH MOVES is a choice based lettings (CBL) scheme provided by Spelthorne Borough Council, Elmbridge Borough Council, A2Dominion Group and Elmbridge Housing Trust. Under this scheme housing applicants have choice about where they want to live. Runnymede Borough Council are no longer letting properties through Search Moves.
•New Allocations Policy. A new policy has been agreed by Spelthorne BC, Elmbridge BC, EHT, and A2D. The changes will take effect from 21 July 2014. This affects how applications are assessed and given priority. See below for more detail of the changes.
•New online application process. All existing applicants will be invited to reapply for housing online on the Search Moves website (except A2Dominion Group tenants who should contact A2D directly.) We need to re-assess your housing application in line with the new allocations policy. We expect our new on-line application form to be available from the 3 June 2014 and will write to you closer to this date with further instruction. You must re-apply on-line before the 14 July 2014. Failure to do this will mean that your application will be cancelled. Your banding and priority date may change under the new policy; some applicants will no longer qualify to remain on the register.
The Search Moves partners have suspended new applications between 1 June 2014 and 21 July 2014 to enable us to assess all existing applicants against the new Common Allocations Policy. After 21 July 2014 all new housing applications must be made using the online application form which can be found on this website.
During this time please contact the partner that you wish to apply to as follows:
For Paragon tenants wishing to transfer email@example.com
Telephone 01932 235850
For Elmbridge Borough Council firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone 01372 474590
For Spelthorne Borough Council email@example.com
Telephone 01784 446 380
For A2D tenants contact Sammie Read at Sammie.Read@a2dominion.co.uk
Telephone 020 8825 1744
The following are the main changes for the Search Moves scheme:
• The remaining Search Moves partners will operate a 4 banding system, instead of the current 5 banding system.
• The criteria for local connection due to residence has changed – The remaining Search Moves partners will now require local residence for the last three years as a qualification.
• Applicants with no local connection to the boroughs of Spelthorne or Elmbridge will be removed from the housing register and any future applicants with no local connection will not qualify to register.
• Households earning £50,000 or more per annum (gross) or with total household savings are greater than £30,000 will not qualify for the Search Moves scheme.
• Property owners in the UK or abroad will not qualify for the Search Moves scheme.
• The Search Moves criteria for calculating bedroom shortage (or bedroom need) has changed.
• Private sector tenants (with an Assured Shorthold tenancy) with no other housing needs will be placed in band D (no housing priority.)
• The priority date for band B (urgent housing need) applications will change to the date their application was moved into that band (not the original application date.)
• Armed forces personnel will be given additional help under the new Search Moves scheme.
• Working households will be given additional help – a small proportion of advertised properties will be set aside exclusively for working applicants.
Full details of the new policy will be published shortly.